If God Gave Kong Hee a Blowjob

If God gave Kong Hee a blowjob and he shared it in the same passionate dramatic fashion with his City Harvest fans citing it was "heavenly", they would have bought the story. So long that they could understand the context in their own way. That was the rebuttal that CHC worshippers gave. You can read them all over the internet by now. Apparently we have interpreted Kong's message in his viral vid and quoted him out of context. I can accept this explanation and not judge Kong Hee. After all, I've seen how the full pictures were distorted by our trusted government showing strategic portions of their discussions with the oppositions in Parliament.


They call it blind faith. I don't like this term. It's either you have faith, or no faith. There is no such thing as half-faith, occasional-faith or irrational-faith - which they call blind faith. Rationality is subjective. The rational people are irrational to the people they accused. Who dictates what is right or wrong, man or God?


Unfortunately religion have so many factions these days that they seemed like hawker centre stalls. One Laksa stall claiming to be the "Authentic" or "Original" one. The other stall down the street claiming the same. If they ever crossed paths, things could even get ugly. That would be one of the reason why I remained a free thinker. So I can eat at any stalls I want, without queuing up if I don't feel like it, paying any price I feel right, including going to hell according to those fellas who have been eating at the same Laksa stall for their entire lives.


I respect religion as its pure form and I respect religious people. But religious entities are an entirely different thing. I don't believe there should be a middle man between God and a person. That makes religious grounds and their working staff irrelevant. Don't give me that messengers of God crap. I don't buy it. I wouldn't accept that even if you give that to me for free. Who knows, people like me might be closer to God than you, without all these bullshit layers between us. No way? What makes you so certain? Because God told you? If you can pray anywhere and think God can hear you, fair point. It's the wireless age. You can surf the internet anywhere and you can pray anywhere. Do you need the internet cafe to surf? So why do you need the church?

4 comments:

  1. Hello Dear,

    You are lacked of substance !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can see lots in your brilliant one-liner

      Delete
  2. First, I am not a Christian.
    Two, here's a couple of paragraphs, purportedly the words of Jesus Christ that seemed aligned to your thoughts.

    Matthew 6:5
    When you pray, don't be like the hypocrites who love to pray publicly on street corners and in the synagogues where everyone can see them. I tell you the truth, that is all the reward they will ever get.

    Matthew 6:6
    But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete