Back Off, Bitch!

I did not know what to write.

Not because I had ran out of things to write. Rather, there was too much on my mind. Something happened over the weekend and the issue dragged over till Tuesday. I supposed we had reached a conclusive stalemate. I had decided to move.

It was not a rash decision. I knew it wasn't good to move around often with Jen's condition. A mother needed time to settle and nest. It would be hard on her. We had to go. Neither did we want to be embroiled in sibling squabbling nor being accused for petty things we never did. Staying would be an even worse option than an unsettling move. I wanted my wife and unborn daughter to be happy, to have peace. We had that, until last weekend.

Everyone dislikes being wrongly accused. I hate that. I could be pushed into the ditch for any other things except this. I recalled an incident that happened when I was in the Singapore Armed Forces. My company received an order from the guardhouse to punish me because I booked out in wrong attire. My Company Sergeant Major (CSM) ordered me to sign extra duties for it.

I refused to.

He repeated his order and threatened a heavier punishment if I didn't accept the order.

"No Sir, I didn't do it and there is no way I am signing the extras. Sorry, Sir."

CSM was flabbergasted and looked flustered, wondering what he should do next to kick my sorry ass. I went back to the bunk. Every single platoon mate, including my closest buddies, advised me to take my punishment.

"It's just a small issue and the punishment is only 2 extras. Come on, don't be stubborn. This is the army, it gets you nowhere to do this."

"No fucking way," I told them.

My Platoon Commander got the wind of the matter and summoned me to his office. That guy was a Master Warrant Officer back then, quite a respected personnel in the company. 

"Chin, I heard there are some problem?"

"I didn't do it."

The next morning came. Then night came. CSM did not pursue the matter. My platoon mates all felt it was incredulous. Despite that I escaped punishment, they felt that it was too big a big risk that I took and I could have received a much harsher one such as insubordination - which was a big thing in the army.

But I would never compromise my innocence. I could swallow my pride, I could suffer humiliation but I will never, ever yield in the face of trouble to prove my innocence.

Today, someone learnt this the hard way. 

It's just your luck you have met your match. Count your blessings I did not pursue this further. From this point you better back off, bitch!

4 comments:

  1. are you still staying at the rented friend's place or with jen's sis?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ chinchilla: I still staying at rented room of Joanna's house, who is our friend and a nice person. The trouble is brewing from 2 housemates, one of them Joanna's twin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endorsed and supported. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete