Happy Birthday Ang Jia Qin



Ms Julia may call us scandalous. The PR Forumers may find our relationship perplexing at times. One day we may be tearing each other's guts out and the best of friends in the next minute. Even Jen may probably be wondering what secrets we are keeping.

We knew each other for a very short time, 2 years or so. I probably don't know very much about you except for your name, who you are married to and where will you be staying next year. We have probably met just 5 times or so. I doubt I'm anything special among your 500+ friends in Fartbook. Yet you have been helping me quietly with small things in my life since we met in the forum. I had wondered in the earlier days if you did these because I am your neighbor but you don't fuss over Mr Seet much, such as creating a facebook account for him. (yeah I know he already has one but anyway..)

Whether we shared a special bond or you are simply being kpo =p it remains a fact that you were the reason why I managed to proposed to Jen on time on the 24th Decemeber 2009. You knew what happened. You helped a great deal in making our wedding possible the following month on the 23 January 2010 because Jen's mum was against us marrying on the entire Tiger Year which would had started 2 weeks from then. You knew what happened too. It is no exaggeration to say that I may have dragged my marriage plans till today not because of my lack of intent but I had absolutely no idea how to proceed.

Today, Jen and I are happily married and expecting our child's arrival in less than 2 months. "No one names his daughter after his neighbour," you exclaimed. Not if his neighbour is Jia Qin.

At the last minute of your birthday, 27/11/2011 23:59 hrs, I declare my proposal naming my daughter after you, for approval. I hope my daughter will grow up to be sweet, helpful, hardworking, bright, beautiful and will be loved by everybody like you.

It's a special experience knowing you. I'll never forget the excitement we felt when we learnt that we ended up as neighbours and the countless laughters we shared in the forum. It is my honour knowing you and having you as my 'best-est neighbour' and hope we will always be, even if we may not be really neighbours physically all the time.

Last but not least, I wanna tell you this. Everyone rushes to wish you a happy birthday on your birthday but no one will do it when the party is over. So I hereby wish you a Happy Birthday, right till the last minute of it.

Wish you many happy returns of the day in the years to come.




Your Best-est neighbour,

Nottiboy

15 comments:

  1. wow! is tat true tat u gonna name ur daughter Jia Qin? hahaha...

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Julia: Yes, It would be 陳嘉勤, if Jen is happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahahahaha.....really ar

    ah pooh

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahahahah!!!!

    JiaQin

    ReplyDelete
  5. is that her pic? that gal in that photo, looks like xian qi liang mu oh

    sei~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. >.< 贤妻良母??

    JiaQin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nottiboy,

    You have a such a sweet spirit and it is for this reason, you are blessed with such an awesome friend like JiaQin.

    Thank you both for bringing so much joy and warmth to all of us as PResidents.

    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sei: yes it's her and she's damn chio in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @siggi: It's an honour to have you commenting in this place where i do my crazy rants. I'm really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes >>贤妻良母

    wah...then u better not see my face, cos also very ugly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha!ha! yes, wish I had time like before to contribute and chat but its back to the rat race. Lucky you! Saving grace is the work is meaningful.

    Not sure how aware you are, but you have a strong style of written expression that really draws a reader into your thoughts in a most sensitive and captive manner. Few men have the ability to do this and I believe it is a gift you should harness. So write on......

    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Siggi: Thank you. No one told me that before so it's a pleasant surprise. I just wrote what is in my mind each time. Never plan and structure it much, only tried to reduce grammar mistakes as much as I could that's all.

    I have no idea if it is a gift and have absolutely no idea how to harness it if it is, too. .. ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nottiboy,

    You write from your heart...that's the gift.

    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Siggi: Thank you sister. I will keep this in mind and always write from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jus curious, is this ex neighbors (maybe I have met) or future neighbors to be?

    Chinchilla

    ReplyDelete