Sun Rise


It's another tequila sunrise 
Starin' slowly 'cross the sky, said goodbye 
He was just a hired hand 
Workin' on the dreams he planned to try 
The days go by


Legendary song, lovely lyrics. A great song to be played on the car stereo while eating up kilometres of empty highways on the way to work. Unlike last Saturday, there wasn't that many cars on the road today. The previous day was a public holiday. Most folks probably gone for their long weekend.

All the pictures in my blog were taken with my mobile phone. It was neither a good phone nor a good camera and worse, operated by a bad photographer. This unholy trinity resulted in grave injustice to the many breathtaking views I had witnessed and wanted to share. Maybe one day I should take up photography to translate the amazing nature here into proper pictures and finally free my frustrations.

I couldn't recall when was the last time I was in awe of a good sun rise. It was either looking out for the traffic in the front on the expressways or staring at the guy who stepped on my shoes in the packed bus. Life was too brisk, too purposeful back then. So much so until we slowly forgot simple pleasures in life. So much so until we were numb and unable to appreciate the small things in life.

The catch phrase I would get, "What's so great about ____ (fill in the blanks), can eat ah?" It became a life revolving around pursuing of subjective 'practicalities' and the endless chasing of the dragon.

Sometimes it is good to drive down to the end of nowhere without a single human in sight. Just you and nature in silent communication. Feel the trees calling out to you and the whisper of the mountains. Close your eyes and feel the breeze swirl through the gaps of your fingers. 

That is food for the soul.










8 comments:

  1. The next time you drive, try leaving your hand out and feel the catch of the wind. it might be something unusual but amazing.

    Careful driving of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Anonymous: I'd love to put my head out if I can but too old for crazy things :) Perhaps I'll see my kids doing that in future while I gave that alarmed look my parents used to

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...its beautiful....seeing the sun rise feel so peaceful...

    pooh

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ pooh: i hope u guys like it too. u will prob see something similar in taiwan soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been living here for over 25yrs now and I know what you mean about "The catch phrase"...

    I am happy for you that you have finally got a hold of the 'normal' things and fully appreciate it .... yes, the sunrise in the land down under is truly breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @AuntyJo: Im so glad to find someone who understands...

    ReplyDelete