Never Say 'No' to Sandwiches

Hi

I'm recently in the last stages of interview for a mgr position in Sydney 30 km from city. It's a nice suburb. But from the salary package its considerable lower after tax to what I can eat in sg.

In sg, I pay close to zero tax for annual income of 140k thanks to the many rebates

In Sydney for the same annual I will pay 30% tax!

Not to mention my spouse may not find a similar post in aust.

I'm 36f with 2 kids, 2 and 10

I see the many post in your blog which talks about the good life for casual workers. What about executive workers like myself?

>>>Hmm that will be a tough one without more information about yourself, interests and how you define a good life?

Homely family, conservative spouse in mid 40s would best sum up. I am searching as a newbie what's the suited suburb to live in with my 1st 6mths in Sydney. But with the annual package minus tax, I'm effectively taking a 10 to 15% pay cut.


Hi,


Unfortunately in Australia, casual workers work so casually (thus the term and their good life) that executive workers such as yourself will be doing most of the work. I hate to break the bad news to you: After getting a 15% pay cut, your $120k/annum salary in Sydney is going to buy you nothing, since a mere sandwich will cost you $12 there. That effectively brings down your purchasing power to 10,000 sandwiches a year. If you stay put in Singapore, where sandwiches are widely available for $2, your $140k salary will see you much better off with 70,000 sandwiches a year, nearly 8 sandwiches an hour. That, you will not disagree, is good life. You can even afford to go to church! No one says 'No' to 7 times more sandwiches. So don't be the first fool.


asingaporeanson


here is a sandwich for you