Summer's Vengeance



I shouldn't have been yaya papaya. He was a slow walker for sure. Slow but steady and he made his way here at last, to kick my sorry ass. He was brimming with what he was notorious for - his flies minions.

Today no fly harassed me. They were either hiding or dead. As I left for work, Eugene called after me, "Take it easy, don't kill yourself."

Once I opened the door to get to Barry White, Summer slapped me on the face. Taken aback, I dashed to Barry White, got onto him and sped off.

Summer chased me, engulfing Barry White and caused his engine to groan uncomfortably. In spite of the heat siege, Barry White dutifully protected me and guided me to work. Once I hopped out, Summer threw me 2 punches which sent me reeling into the workshop where I would be protected from Summer's deadliest attacks.

"Come out and fight," sneered Summer.

"Screw you, now piss off," I waved him off nonchalantly without stopping to consider as I began work.

Summer refused to go. He loitered around the workshop and launched his petty attacks. My tools heated up fervently making work even harder in the already searing heat. By the first break I was totally soaked right down to my underwear. I told Angie mama about it via whatsapp, she laughed and thought I wasn't serious.

By the second break, my t-shirt was stained with white marks. I was surprised I could still emit salt, having to eat tasteless, saltless cooking since Christmas. Summer was not letting up and relentlessly made himself a nuisance until dusk. "I'll be back," Summer taunted in a distance as I furiously grind off, making up lost time.

I miss Spring, the elegant beauty. I miss her breezy kiss. I wondered what I did to chase her away? Now I had to put up with this ugly jerk.

32 comments:

  1. haha! i trust that is real damn hot! but i cannot 雪上加霜 ma... >.<

    #10-503

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was having 34deg to 31deg for the past few days, I even have to go buy a fan just to cool down during my sleep at night. But yesterday was ok, I'm getting below 30deg. Today's 22deg helps to cool me down a lot. I'm missing winter for now :P

    Thomas
    PS: We r going to Wembley!!! YNWA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This heatwave is going to send my electricity bill sky high, with the aircon in use most of the time. I hope they are right when they say this is unusual and this is a once in fifty years heatwave(The last one was in 1962).

    Cant wait for this to blow over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once a in 50 years? Heh, I've heard of this before

      Delete
  4. Goodness...
    i just came back from Phuket and I thought it was already bl**dy freaking hot there...
    Good luck, and for once I'm glad i'm over in Singapore...
    And a Happy CNY to you and your family... HUAT ah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcomed to the Great Australian Summer. heh heh

      Delete
  5. Wah! You sure are a very creative writer. I do enjoy reading ur blog... keep up the good work :)

    p/s: And don't forget to keep hydrated too & remember to Slip, Slop, and Slap hor! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SL. I'll remember to drink a lot of water, I already am doing that...

      Delete
  6. drink more water.....
    ah pooh

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a creative writer. Keep up with the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the risk of sounding bimbotic ..... are there no aircons in Perth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, to date i've never saw an air conditioned steel fabrication workshop.

      Delete
    2. Hmmmmm your next best option is Beer :p ... lots of it!

      Delete
    3. waiting for u to buy me 1, sister

      Delete
  9. house should have but outdoor i dont think have...

    ah pooh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll drink more water ah pooh.

      hmm outdoor how to install aircon?

      Delete
  10. That hot doesn't look like a once in a 50 years. Doubt it.......I still rmb 4 years ago I spent my summer there which was freaking hot till the max until I needed to shower in cold water 5 times a day to chase the hotness away... Good luck with it... Keep hydrated... and it will be fine in 2 weeks.... I think.... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still got feb to go leh auntie. 2 weeks can meh?

      Delete
    2. Please allow me to clarify. When I said once in fifty years, I was referring to the heatwave. A heatwave by definition is 5 consecutive days of 5 degree above average for that time of the year. (This is the same definitions as Netherlands; Denmark uses 3 days; US, - depend on regions; Singapore maybe 1 day.)
      Base on this definitions, the last time this happens in Perth was 1962.
      Anyway, I didn't make this up, la..I got it from weather channel. Watching TV just became my past time while hibernating under aircon.
      If this happens again, we will use the PAP method - change definitions or change name and call it a hot spell, like ponding for flooding..HA HA

      Delete
    3. 2 weeks cant meh?? i think can leh... haha.... or actually this year summer starts late ... than will be dragging a little... hope it gets better

      Delete
    4. Hey peyning, i seem to remember you said you have bought air tickets. Have you moved to Perth?

      Delete
    5. I hope it gets better too, or I will have to take a loan to pay electricity bill.

      Delete
    6. Alvin n Pat are both golf enthusiasts right? you guys shd go golfing togteher haha

      Delete
    7. Opps.... Pat.. you remember what I mentioned before ... :P .... by the way flying over on 7 March... proundly announcing..... hahahaa

      Delete
  11. haha! wat a post...
    i like how u write 'summer' as a 'person'... LOL!

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete