Teacher Parents Want Their Kids Out Part II

Hi!

Thanks for replying. I bet with the number followers you have, you must be super busy!

I have sent your regards to Connie and she said HI and was telling me how your English is so good and how she remembers you and another classmate always fighting to be the top in English. Well, I can't agree more!

Well, to be totally honest, after reading your reply, it kinda reassured my thoughts and feelings about relocating to Perth. My children climbing fucking big rocks? I like! My hubby and I love for our kids to play outdoors, walk in the rain, cycle in mud and have a blast. Of course, having people staring daggers at us comes along with that la but we don't really give a shit. We don't believe in enrichment and tuition but of course the girl had to ask for ballet classes. We kept telling her the cons about having such things because she will not get to play with her 3 brothers, but she insisted (maybe it's her escape from them), so we both had no choice. 'As long as she is happy!' We keep psychoing ourselves with that.

I guessone of the major push factors is that she is due to enter Primary 1 next year and boy do we want out. I am in the system and I know how crazy it is. I feel sad for the kids. My average day starts with waking up at 5 a.m, while my husband at 4.30 a.m. to prepare their breakfast and tea for their whole-day childcare centre. Kids get woken up and dragged to get ready at 5.45 a.m. and sent to childcare by 7 a.m. (always the first ones there). Our typical work day ends at 5 p.m. and we always try to pick them up as soon as we can. Once, we picked them up at 5 p.m. and my girl's K2 teacher came to the door to tell me to try and come at 5.30 p.m. every day instead as she is still in class, learning NOUNS at that time so she was afraid my girl would lose out. My jaw dropped. I already have soooooo little time with her and now I need to care if she got her verbs, prepositions and adjectives done in the evening?!?!


I know childcare is super expensive in Perth ($85/day) so we might have to end up having only my hubby go out to work in Perth till my youngest is old enough for school so that I can go out and earn some moolah. That's the plan for now la.

Just a few questions:
 1) We wanted to both get our skills assessed but apparently as long as one of us has it assessed and it gets accepted, the other partner and kids all get to go over too right? In the current SOL, they need secondary teachers so we getting my hubby to apply. I am basically useless, so don't waste time and money getting assessed right? The shit thing is that if they accept his qualifications, he won't enjoy the subsidised tuition fees for things like Cert 3 in mechanics and stuff right? Headache!

2) We were just looking at places to reside and Medina caught my hubby's attention as there are schools, a hospital and amenities nearby. However, do you find a house before a job? What if the job applied is very far away?

3) Did you apply for PR through an agent? We don't intend to as we don't want to waste even more money.

4) We are both willing to work as anything for a start. But every job there requires certification, even for plumbing and stuff. How like that?

Well, sorry to trouble you with these questions. I just want to say that my hubby and I both enjoy reading your blog. Thanks! CNY coming! You celebrate it there not?

Cheers,
C



Hi C,


No, I don't get many emails these days. It is manageable.


I'm happy to hear that Connie is doing good but the part about English and fight in class is a definite myth. The only thing I fought in class was the Z Monster.


If you enjoying outdoors, walking in rain, cycling in mud and having a blast, Australia (Perth at least...) will be a good place for you because of the availability of fine options for outdoor family activities. You'll find many things here built with parent/child friendliness in mind. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself to believe.

Meanwhile, I still find it ironic that a pair of teacher parents do not believe in the education system they are helping to deliver. Just for the information, according to my wife who has been in charge of things like that, we are able to claim close to 50% of the childcare cost. Well, it is still expensive despite the rebate/subsidy but it does soften the blow significantly. However, with 4 kids to handle, I recommend staying at home during the initial few years to get settled down. There will always be the day where the children are independent enough and rather the parents to be away all the time so that they can rock.




Your questions:

1) We wanted to both get our skills assessed but apparently as long as one of us has it assessed and it gets accepted, the other partner and kids all get to go over too right? In the current SOL, they need secondary teachers so we getting my hubby to apply. I am basically useless, so don't waste time and money getting assessed right? The shit thing is that if they accept his qualifications, he won't enjoy the subsidised tuition fees for things like Cert 3 in mechanics and stuff right? Headache!
If one of you is able to attain the required points to be eligible to submit an EOI, the other spouse need not get his/her skills assessed. The primary applicant will be able to apply for a PR for the whole immediate family (i.e. you and the kids) Find a teaching job here, forget about Cert 3.


2) We were just looking at places to reside and Medina caught my hubby's attention as there are schools, a hospital and amenities nearby. However, do you find a house before a job? What if the job applied is very far away?
Before you rent a place, visit the area and have a feel of the place. If you are comfortable with it, go for it. As the rental market is weak now, you should not have much problem finding a place. Take a half year lease and open yourself to jobs at any location. When you land a job and it looks like a permanent prospect, move nearer to the location after the 6 months lease expire.

3) Did you apply for PR through an agent? We don't intend to as we don't want to waste even more money.
Being the chairman of the Pissed Poor Peasant Society, there is an absolute no.

4) We are both willing to work as anything for a start. But every job there requires certification, even for plumbing and stuff. How like that?
Be a teacher. List down 10 jobs that you (or husband) can imagine yourselves doing. Eg. Bus driver, courier driver, car washer, fast-food restaurant staff, solar-panel salesman, etc etc. I'm sure you can find 10 that will not require several years of training to perform.


CNY coming! You celebrate it there not?
Well.... hmm.... I'll try to play some CNY songs on Australia Day tomorrow and see what it leads to....

No comments:

Post a Comment