3 days to departure

I'm standing at the rear of Jurong East MRT station now.

5 years ago I had a short stint with Unilever as a desktop engineer. Everyday, I would be walking by this place with other working adults while we made our way to International Business Park, a 10 minute walk away. How things changed in a matter of few years.  The scenery had changed, replaced by a even more complex web of train tracks, overhead bridge and what nots. The iconic Popular Bookshop that would be behind me, is no more.  I mean - if I would have shown this post on my mobile to myself walking this path to work 5 years ago, I wonder what will he think about the whole thing. For a start, blogging via a mobile?! It would be funny to see my own reaction to that! In addition, the many changes to Jurong East - and probably everywhere else in Singapore, I wondered if I would had felt excited or horrified of what's coming in future.

Sometimes I wonder if it is a good thing or not.  I wonder how many lost their sense of belonging, when everything becomes seemingly unrecognisable on each return. I wonder if there is a need for constant change. I wonder if every change is good for Singapore.  I wonder if my fellow countrymen are fed up with change.

I'm surprised one could churn out so much crap in the mind when he is at the crossroad of his life. I'm leaving Singapore in 3 days. Like anyone else who had walked the same path as myself, I would miss everything here.  My family, friends, new neighbours, my beloved dog, everything here I've grown up with, the things I touched and the places that held my memories.

By now, I'm still asking myself if this is the right thing to do.  Too late for regrets but there are still space for doubts.  Anyhow we will walk through the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment