My First Jog

A candid shot from Jen. Might as well post it here for memories.
It had been 3 or 4 months since that fateful 16.5km run that made me pee blood 2 days later. I gained back the 7kg I lost and lost my stamina I've gained during that 2 months of hard jogging. I guess that's what some of them meant by sometimes you gain some, you lose some.

I only managed 1km today. Laughable but I tried. By the time I stopped, I was wheezing hard. It felt like asthma. It was a run I never experienced before.  The sun was hot with rays piercing through the icy cool  atmosphere. The air felt like frozen fingers gripping my lungs, a little harder every step. I never felt a single drop of sweat but I was forced to stop within 7 minutes of attempt. Pathetic I know. I think I am a slow to adapt the the new environment. I suspect if I tried this one my first day, I could have dropped dead there and then.

My body was fine after 30 minutes. Perhaps I should have ran more after a rest. Will do it again tomorrow if the weather permits.

No comments:

Post a Comment