First Power Outage

I woke at 0630hrs today, my all-time earliest.  It was chilling at 11 degrees Celsius. Surprisingly, the sky was already illuminated.  It looked something like 0730hrs in Singapore. I checked my mobile phone, no wireless network was detected - not a good sign. It happened before though, when the multi-plug that the router was drawing its power from fused.

Not this time.

Xiao Mei (Joanna's sister), told me there was a outage for the entire house. To proof it, she opened the bread maker and showed me her unbaked but proofed dough. I got her to direct me to the main switch box and did a check. The main did not trip and everything looked fine. I gathered I was experiencing my first power outage over here.

I did the old trick. Removing my mobile phone SIM card and converted it into a mobile broadband token for my laptop. Used to do that for almost 2 years to save some money. It was the other way round though, I used my mobile broadband meant for my PC in my hand phone. I probably confused (or annoyed?) some friends by watsapping them using a line which they couldn't call me with.  Anyway, it worked, I managed to get on the Internet and found the number to call.

Not sure if Joanna was with another power supply company, will check and confirm. Otherwise this would be the number to call the in future.

13 13 51 (24 hours) - Western Power. 

Before I could make a call, the power was restored, the fridges started purring again and the eerie silence was vanquished. Xiao Mei bid goodbye and went to school, leaving her bread half-baked.

Meanwhile, I have waited 2 days in annoyance for my luggage. DHL told Foo it would be delivered on Sunday, which I was skeptical yet hopeful for. Didn't arrive on Monday either. The tracking on their site revealed it had been here in Perth since Sunday morning. The current status is : "Scheduled for delivery." Can't they set a date so that I can plan my activities?

Morons.

No comments:

Post a Comment