The Old New Year Resolution

Now that the year is coming to the end, you want me to spill the beans?

Ok.

I didn't fulfill a single New Year Resolution in the past decade. Heck, in fact I never managed to do it all my life.

Except this year. (Please applause)

But I didn't do it the way I planned it. I did jog fervently in the middle of the year and lost considerable weight but I stopped after I peed blood and gained some weight back. I still did it eventually. Guess it is the final result that counts.

At one point this year, I was as heavy as 75kg. It gotta be my heaviest ever, probably a kg heavier than the day I got married. Regrettably all my photos turned out terrible because of my obvious facial fats. On top of that, I felt uncomfortable as ever. I missed the slick, agile body I used to operate with. So I decided that losing weight would be (yet again) my New Year Resolution 2010.

I didn't expect to make it. After all I flunked several times. The insane new job routine did it for me. I was practically exercising every minute during work. Doing it at graveyard hours probably added to its effectiveness. I may be losing even more weight with the months to come or it could plateau out, I'm not sure.

My weight for the day is 68.6kg. Bizarrely, Jen's weight has been identical to mine for the past 2 days, before and after meals, before and after toilet businesses. It meant that Jen + Albany = Me.


My resolution was to lose enough weight so that I will end the year with not more than 69kg. I believed started a thread in Punggol Forum to challenge my neighbours to do it together. Guess no one remembers. heh. Anyway;

My BMI is now 22.1.


CategoryBMI range – kg/m2
Emaciation14.9 or less
Underweightfrom 15 to 18.4
Normalfrom 18.5 to 22.9
Overweightfrom 23 to 27.5
Obesefrom 27.6 to 40
Morbidly Obesegreater than 40
According to this chart, I'm alright. That's good. Hopefully I can keep it this way.

Many friends have stopped making New Year Resolutions. Like me, they must have failed umpteen times that they refuse to bother about such things anymore.

How about sharing your New Year Resolution for this year? Did you achieve what you wanted to do?

11 comments:

  1. I remembered! We even recorded down the various exercises we did. You introduced me to Endo something something.

    I think the the thread helped a lot. My BMI is now 20.8! and I've been working out at least 3X a week now. Feeling a lot healthier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous: Wow you remembered?! but who are you?
    Let me guess: Raptor?

    I hope to be 20.8 in future like you. I have dropped from 'overweight' to 'normal' it's encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wrong guess. :P Try again!

    Being in the normal range is good enough. Don't lose too much mass, not good either. Maybe build up on your strength? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My BMI is 16.82 and I am underweight!! Guess who I am and I am sure I have been underweight since Primary school days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @PR anonymous: I'm stumped. 20.8 bmi would be a slim guy or girl. If it isn't raptor, you may be someone i've never met in person yet.

    I thought only Maggie, Raptor, Julia (and maybe Ang Jia Qin) still reads my blog now and then..

    You could be Missy Yee then hehe. I'm not sure Kenobi is trim n fit or not cos i've never met him. The rest, I doubt they even know my blog exists.

    Tell me who u r then :)

    I've bulked up a bit on the arms because my work involved a lot of physical lifting and movements. but the rest of the body isn't gaining strength so much so it's not that balanced. no matter what, i still look and much feel better than i was at BMI 23+

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Pri sch Anonymous: there is only one pri sch fren who reads my blog. (i guess), so it's very easy to guess. You should smoke less, eat more. get married n be a mother. confirm gain weight ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're not just notti but clever too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Missy Yee: You're getting married, that's why :P slimming .. typical procedure leh haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Achieving my dream in year 2012 is my new year resolution! By the way, congratulation is fulfilling your old new year resolution!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Lionel: hey, thank you. tell me what's your new year resolution in my next post

    ReplyDelete