Summer Rain

Being the creep and weirdo, not only I don't belong anywhere but unlike everyone, I don't have Monday Blues. I hate Tuesdays instead. I used to work six days a week in Singapore. Sunday was my only legitimate rest day.

Sunday as the combo breaker gave me the rest I badly needed. After helping my mum at the canteen each Sunday morning, I had to sneak away to give myself some time all alone. After my marriage, I did not even have this time by myself anymore as Jen would tag along.

The lack of rest left me stunned on Mondays. I went through Mondays as busy as everyone else and would not realise it until it was the end of the day. Ending the day as tired as I was after work on Saturdays, I dread Tuesdays.

It is the same here in Australia. My aching muscles and sore hands receive well deserved rest over the weekend (I don't work on Sats anymore, heng ah!) after being rattled for the entire week and then I went through Mondays the way I did in Singapore - stunned. By Tuesday, it will be grouchy day.

I will feel I have done a good amount of work by Wednesday. Thursday is pay day. Friday, is Friday. Nothing has changed, I still hate Tuesdays.

It was already Summer here since the start of December. I went through several days of searing heat already. Today was a special Tuesday. It rained all night and it rained the entire morning till the afternoon. It was the first time I experienced this kind of rain in Perth. The kind of long lasting rain common in Singapore. The kind I like.

I didn't sleep well last night. I must had woke at least 5 times in the entire duration despite the conducive environment. I do not know if I was unused to the rain here in Perth or I miss Singapore. My guess would be I had mentally over-psyched myself for heat waves over the weeks to come and didn't quite expect a Summer rain.

8 comments:

  1. Probably you missed Singapore and us, Malaysia!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's being raining alot over here. And we all missed the lazy sundays that we used to have.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ellis's luv: yes I miss both Singapore and Malaysia. I'm one of the rare Singaporean who really likes Malaysia and its people

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The running robot: You still have lazy sundays back home. I missed them of course. But one day we'll have that again. Separation in life is often temporary.

    I hope we can all retire in the same place in future too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aku sure ask u to come back hahaha...cool weather better than hot weather

    ReplyDelete
  6. u sure do post alot! but it's great fun reading ur adventures. i hvnt go the balls to do half of what u're doing. my wife and i went for our honeymoon in aussie, we loved it! looking forward to visiting again someday soon. just updating you, the taxi fares are being raised again (!) back here in sgp... starting next monday. better spare some cash for the taxi ride when u come back home visiting! =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ah Pooh: It is 17 degrees now. Your side? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ikhsha21: Yeah, sorry I am a bit draggy. It's becoming stale to read my everyday things isn't it. When I was at work, I thought of ending the blog but I need a good end point. I'll ask you guys in a new post sometime soon.

    I read about the taxis. It's really exp 22c/jump now. Onward to 50c/jump! More good years ahead!

    ReplyDelete