Warm Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Lim

Mr and Mrs Lim, officially married, 31 Dec 2011
The girl who calls me her 'Best-est neighbour' is getting hitched today to Mr Jason Lim. I don't like to write congratulatory notes because I am not an emotional guy but I have to do these because she's exceptionally special.

This was the girl who created my facebook account (giving me a weird account name), helped me with my marriage proposal, wedding, flat choosing decision, introducing me Angie Mama to help me with baby questions and recently, helped and sent over milk bottles together with a customised beanie with my soon-to-be-born daughter's name on it as a surprise gift. Some girls aren't as sweet as they look but she has a good heart to go along. An endangered species these days.

She did get hitched sometime back (to the same guy fortunately) but that 'doesn't count' according to her. So this is the one which 'counts'. To me of course, she had already gotten married and nailed Mr Lim with the Woman's Charter the first time round. These days however, ladies do not feel they have gotten married until walking down the isle with the poor guy, witnessed by hundreds or thousands of clapping guests.

I can't confirm but I bet she is delighted at this moment. She didn't reply me on watsapp today. At this moment, she should be snoring in a nice place, smiling in her sleep and will be waking shortly once the folks doing her hair and make up arrives. Then she'll be living THE MOMENT.

I'm happy for her. She has been scheming planning all these ever since I knew her more than 2 years ago. She thoroughly deserve this and the honeymoon programs she painstakingly drew up shortly after their wedding. She requested for updates for the birth of my baby during her honeymoon. I'll oblige, as usual because I can't refuse her, though she should be making babies at that time instead of getting updates of our labour.

Though I do not know Jason personally (yet), I've heard my fair share about him from Mrs Lim. He's part of the Singaporean brotherhood, saw through his NS liabilities. A hardworking, honest dude who dotes on his girlfriend (then) and will undoubtedly continue to do so as her husband. He has to be brilliant in many other ways I am sure, to win her heart.

I would have love to attend Mr and Mrs Lim's wedding, to toast them personally and wish them a blissful, ever-lasting marriage blessed with many children. It'll be a small regret. Hopefully this dedication could make up for it.

Jason and Jia Qin, enjoy the rest of your big day. You should be fumbling with the preparation for tonight's banquet by now, full of anticipation. I feel excited for you 3898km away as I write this. I wish you guys an lovely unforgettable evening and an amazing honeymoon trip.

Mostly importantly,


早生贵子


One for Daddy, one for Mummy and one for Singapore ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment