2 days to departure

Everyone is busy with his/her lifestyle these days.  A couple of important friends in my life probably knew I am leaving Singapore for a long long time but had either forgotten or had too tight schedules to say goodbye. I didn't insist. Too many tasks, too little time.

Every 'you're leaving Singapore, good riddance' meal with group of friends makes me miss them more, even when I am still physically in Singapore. These kind of feelings must have been able to create some kind of complex biochemical reactions in our bodies that makes good fuel to carry on working in Singapore, day in day out for years. Wish I had done more of such things with friends in higher frequency in the last few years. That would have been nice.

However, you cannot have people saying good riddance to you if you aren't going to be. So it doesn't makes sense i guess.

Come to think of it, aren't good friendships forged this way? By making an effort on both ends to catch up, gossip, laugh, cry, confide and provide support.  I am keen to continue doing my part as a friend, a brother to all the friends I love despite not being able to be physically around them when they need me.  I hope the feelings are mutual and we could keep the flames of friendship burning.

There are endless of material stuff one can gain in a lifetime.  However when one bites the dust, the residues will be memories, kinship and friendships and nothing else. Treasure the ones around you always.

2 comments:

  1. Due to a bit of insomia, I end up reading your blog start from the beginning again. It gave me some special feeling. The top part of doing part as a friend to catch up..I always feel that busy is totally not an excuse if it is a really good friend. If a very true hearted friend will no matter how make out the time to meet up.

    Over the years, I have tried my part to be a friend that do up my part to maintain. But some how I just feel a bit tired when you try to make up the meeting and yet people always gives you various reason.

    Cut it short, I would give a thumbs up for you and Jen that always make up the effort to meet me up when you are still in Singapore and this really makes me treasure the friendship between us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Peyning, don't worry it'll be the same, if not better in Perth

    ReplyDelete