Curried Celery Soup with Apples Recipe

Har?! Celery? Curry? Yucks!!! Apples? Yikes!

Did that anyway.  It's pretty good.  Thick, flavorful and healthy.  I drank it for breakfast.  Apparently the whole stalk of celery I bought from Subiaco doesn't seem to be able to be used up.  It was a grand, leafy and green big stalk.  Unlike those yellowish ones we get back home.  Can't compare, because we are never an agriculture nation.  Jen took a picture of the basketful of vegetables and me grinning proudly out Subiaco market but I am too shy to put it up. Else you would be able to see how good the vegetables are.

Anyway, my surplus got me into this website: which teaches people like me how to rid their surplus ingredients.


Ingredients:
  • vegetable oil
  • ½ onion, diced
  • 1 carrot, peeled and diced
  • 3 celery stalks, diced
  • 1 potato, diced
  • 1/2 cup celery leaves, chopped
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • ½ apple, diced
  • 2 cups of broth (I used water and only, no broth here)
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin (Didn't add, n/a)
  • 1 teaspoon thyme (Didn't add, n/a)
  • salt and pepper
How I ended up choosing this recipe is that my landlady has excess curry powder and urge me to use it up and I have excess celery. Bingo.

Here's my work:

Gorgeous?
I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment