Breathing better

Ginger beer is great. I love it. This is the right country to be in for they sell cheaper ginger beer.  The best ginger beer out there is probably Bundaberg's and they are selling for a fraction of Singapore's prices.  Over here, there are many other alternative and cheaper brands that I am slowly tasting out.

I suspect Jen may have been amused by my fondness of ginger beer over the years.  I didn't have so much of it in Singapore because it can drive the bill up quite a bit, the way I consume. Over here I am on my 2nd bottle already.  This is a 1.25L bottle, not the tiny ones we get back in Singapore. Feels great.

I called back thrice by now, all 3 times to my mum.  Today she told me she was really worried about me and missed me. I didn't know how to comfort her but to tell her I will take care of Jen and myself on my end and we will work out how we can reunite once I am settled.  She shared with me how she and my dog was coping. Apparently my dog started to miss us and slept in our room, waiting for us to come home. My mum couldn't sleep well herself, thinking about us. Last night my mum moved into my room and slept on our bed. My dog slept contentedly on the lower level of the bed on the pillow we always forced on him.  I told my mum to use the bedroom permanently because I know eventually she will sleep much better there.  I will be calling her again the next day.

We didn't achieve much today.  We woke late, and messed around, stole my housemate's mobile broadband and surfed the net.  The initial plan was to settle the important administrative stuffs but it was already 2pm by the time we took lunch.  The final draw was a gloomy dark sky which rained pretty heavily.  The wind itself coming into the house was chilling enough, I told Jen it wasn't a good idea to try feeling sharp piercing ice cold needles raining down at us, umbrella or not.  Doubt an umbrella could offer much protection against that constant strong wind though.  We probably need cotton wool cocoons covered with plastic wraps.

Jen's sinus seemed to be gone a little.  I no longer feel difficulties in breathing.  I had so much trouble with the air here on the first 2 days.  Not sure what was it, dryness, coldness or something.  I feel much better today. Even the cracked lips doesn't hurt anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment