A Fruitful Day

You cannot dismiss something called "Maternal Instinct". Today, I had a scrumptious "Egg on the Face" and "Humble Pie" for breakfast. 

Jen was right to insist on buying *Barry White

If not for *Barry White, we would not be able to accommodate all the items we got from the residents of Perth - free. The check list:

1) 2 thick small mattress, almost new.
2) A used stroller, in good working condition.
3) A baby rocker, almost as good as new.
4) A baby car seat, almost new as well.

I travelled close to 100km to get all these free items, generously contributed by Perth residents who advertised in gumtree.com.au. That would cost me around $8-$10 of petrol cost, but do I mind? 

The car seat comes with 2 wraps of different sizes. Those are removable, washable and will be the parts in contact with the baby. So I can get them real clean and nice for the baby in future. The rocker is an absolute gem. It is an automated battery operate rocker. Upon examination, I don't think it was ever used. Perhaps a couple of times. Maybe it wasn't an effective rocker? I can find out in future. The stroller is quite impressive too, especially the wheels. It is extremely maneuverable and it looks comfortable. The wheels are not solid and have to be pumped with air, like a real car. So I gather it provides a bit of shock absorbing effect which is nice.

By the time I received the last item at Ellenbrook, the car was filled to the brim. The rear mirror was almost blocked. It was then Jen gave that smudge "I told you so" look. I knew she was right.

All 4 items

I am going to sun them for 3 full days in Joanna's backyard



*Barry White: The name comes from the Irish seller. His name was Barry. White is the colour of the car, not his skin.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulation of having all those good and nice thing and this is the fantastic place of Australia. I doubt it will never ever happen in Singapore nor in Malaysia.

    It save you a lot for that and can have some other thing for the baby. Cheers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Peyning:

    I think so. I learnt that one of those prams could cost AUD$500 over here. So it's a relief I got one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... good leh.. got free things in aussie..
    cool.... nth like this will happen over here..
    everything is abt $$$$..

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Julia: nice to have you back.

    I believe sg has gumtree as well. maybe u can also get free stuff?

    I always view this link
    http://perth.gumtree.com.au/f-Classifieds-W0QQAdTypeZ2QQPriceAlternativeZ3

    to check for my area.

    they give out things more regularly though. if u visit the page, u'll always see things posted a few hours or even minutes ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know its an old post, but a fren told me that putting a black plastic cover over the items u wish to sun will kill all the nasty bugs in a couple of hours~

    ReplyDelete