The Kick of Albany


After settling lunch yesterday, I laid down on the bed for a short nap before going to work. I felt weary, not sure why and indeed I had a bad day at work that night. My right eye was sore and tired though there wasn't pain.

Before I fell asleep for the short nap, Jen placed my hand on her tummy like she normally would when she felt the baby kicking. I had my eyes because I was trying to sleep. The disabling of one of the senses made me concentrate on the kicking better. 

Then they came. I experienced the feeling of baby kicks on Jen's tummy before but this was something special. One after another, big strong powerful continuous ones. I reopened my eyes and exclaimed in surprise. Jen smiled. I shut my eyes and concentrate. My daughter seemed to be communicating with me through Jen. The feeling was indescribable. It carried on for about 2 minutes before I finally dozed off.

The experience made me long to see the baby sooner. It's less than 2 months to go but I'm not ready yet. Give me some time Albany, Dad will get things right soon.


7 comments:

  1. woo less than 2 mths~ yay! =D

    -Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so fast jen wan to give birth liao...

    ah pooh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time flies.... Jen is counting down for the deliver already. You should stand closer for the pic..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ 10-513 - happy bday :)

    @ Julia, when's your turn :)

    @ pooh: same as julia. Did u jackpot in Taiwan like I told u to?

    @ Peyning : I'll stand close next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wahahaha.. thx! is 10503 =x

    ReplyDelete