Autumn Task List: Finished Paving

1 cabinet done
I felt sorry that Jen had to lobby a campaign for my approval to buy a $55 Ikea cabinet so I granted the approval. So she got Judy to grab one since she was going that way with Jo one morning.


Today was designated to be a busy day. I made breakfast for them, installed the cabinet on top of the laundry sink, did an engine oil and filter change for Ugly Green and took her out to the nearby kiosk to fill her tyres and then I finally get my lazy ass to finish the final part of the paving right to the end of the side gate.


Wife was very happy. She already half-filled the new cabinet on the wall with poison and cleaning stuff. "The other side of the wall is for a future dryer," she explained when I asked her why she chose to fill only one part of the wall instead of opting for my storage. I glupped.


The paving job didn't go as happily as I preferred. After the first load of sand, I decided to pump the tyre of the wheelbarrow up a little. I might as well, since I have an air pump with me.


busted and wheelbarrow goes offline
fortunately one load of sand was all I needed

Placing the last paver of the project....

Done...... finally

Came a long way
I wouldn't call paving a backbreaking task. Ok, it wasn't the easiest thing to do. It was dusty, heavy and could get frustrating at times. However the pace I set myself was manageable. It had to be slow, lest I burn myself out. There may be some some additional work I will do in other areas later on that involves paving but for now, the main scope related to paving is finally over. I must tidy up the tools and equipment in the garage soon. It has turned out to be a store room that it isn't meant to be. I will have to address that as soon as I can.


  • watch a sunrise
  • intensively slim down for Winter (ongoing)
  • touch up the minor paint work issues around the house
  • help the MIL paint her gutters
  • erect a garden rack for MIL
  • complete the uncompleted paver areas around the side gate
  • address the mess in the garage once and for all
  • install shelving and racks in the house (ongoing, done one)
  • get a large wardrobe for the wife
  • engage M as my interior designer to spice up the house (Jen taking over)
  • teach Albany how to cycle and swim
  • paint the planter box in front
  • convert the front verge into a dry garden

No comments:

Post a Comment